This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Locate nerves with ultrasound in the neck, arms, torso, and legs.
- Differentiate nerves from surrounding structures such as tendons and muscles.
- Approach nerves with in-plane and out-of-plane techniques.
- Master the “ultrasound-guided nerve block”.
- Identify patient populations that will benefit most from ultrasound-guided nerve blocks.
- Choose the appropriate nerve to anesthetize for particular injury patterns.
- Correctly position patients for each type of block to enhance success.
- Avoid conscious / deep sedation with well executed ultrasound-guided nerve blocks.
- Counsel patients as to the duration of expected pain relief with various anesthetics.
- Develop a hospital protocol for the delivery of ultrasound-guided anesthesia.
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of Emergency Medicine Physicians, Internists, Anesthesiologists, and Family Medicine Physicians.
This activity will encompass the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, Professionalism, Interpersonal & Communication Skills, and Systems-Based Practice.
The presentational methods for this activity will be Lecture with Q&A.
Instructions for participation
Each participant must watch all the video lessons, successfully pass all quizzes of this activity with a grade of 70% or higher and complete a post-evaluation form. Once completed, your certificate will be made available immediately for download. If you receive a score of 69% or less, you may retake the quiz until successful.
Hardware and software requirements
Medmastery requires a modern Web browser (Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome) and the latest version of Adobe Flash. Moreover, a PDF-Reader is required in order to view certain downloads. For questions or technical support, please contact [email protected].
The following planners for this activity have stated they have no relevant financial relationships: Franz Wiesbauer, M.D., MPH; Shelley Jacobs, Ph.D.; Clemens Lang, MD; William T. Choctaw, M.D., J.D.; Harold D. Damuth, Jr., M.D.; Lester Holstein, M.D.; Michael Marchiano, M.D.; Nancy Williams; and Priscilla Graham.
Peter Croft, MD has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
This activity was launched May 30, 2018.
This activity is valid for credit through May 30, 2020.