This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Consultants and Medmastery GmbH. CME Consultants is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
CME Consultants designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Identify when advanced POCUS applications are needed and will help you improve care for your patients.
- Choose the appropriate ultrasound transducer, mode, and settings.
- Perform advanced applications and acquire images.
- Interpret common normal and abnormal findings in important applications including pulmonary, cardiac, airway, gastrointestinal, and musculoskeletal POCUS.
- Appreciate the limitations of POCUS studies, and know when to select a complementary test.
- Communicate effectively with patients, taking into consideration language, culture, and/or age, to improve diagnostic accuracy and mitigate against misdiagnosis due to miscommunication.
This activity is geared to meet the educational requirements of Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers in Emergency Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, Anesthesia, and Family Medicine.
This activity will encompass the following desirable physician attributes: Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, Professionalism, Interpersonal & Communication Skills, and Practice-Based Learning & Improvement.
The presentational methods for this activity will be Lecture with Q&A.
Instructions for participation
Each participant must watch all the video lessons, successfully pass all quizzes of this activity with a grade of 70% or higher and complete a post-evaluation form. Once completed, your certificate will be made available immediately for download. If you receive a score of 69% or less, you may retake the quiz until successful.
Hardware and software requirements
Medmastery requires a modern Web browser (Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome) and the latest version of Adobe Flash. Moreover, a PDF-Reader is required in order to view certain downloads. For questions or technical support, please contact [email protected].
The following planners for this activity have stated they have no relevant financial relationships: Franz Wiesbauer, M.D., MPH; Shelley Jacobs, Ph.D.; Clemens Lang, MD; William T. Choctaw, M.D., J.D.; Harold D. Damuth, Jr., M.D.; Lester Holstein, M.D.; Michael Marchiano, M.D.; Nancy Williams; and Priscilla Graham.
David Mackenzie, MD, CM has nothing to disclose. The course content has been peer-reviewed for content validity and found to be evidenced-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.
This activity was launched July 2, 2018.
This activity is valid for credit through July 2, 2020.